The IRD 3 is designed from the chromatographer’s point-of-view and is the only analytical infrared instrument that combines the separating power of the Gas Chromatograph with the molecular identification of FTIR.
- Vapor phase FTIR for use with
- Low maintenance with no moving parts
- Small footprint saves bench space
- IRD 3 software interfaces with GC software
- Single loading of sequences
The IRD 3 is the perfect tool for the chromatographer looking to obtain more information about unknown samples. Using a heater light pipe flow cell, the sample is kept in a vapor state while interacting with IR. This allows the molecules to freely rotate in a low energy environment. Keeping the molecular geometry in tack during analysis provides a unique and highly reproducible spectra.
Features and Benefits
- Runs on Windows 8.1 64-bits
- Coordination with GC Control Software allows for single start button
- Single sequence table runs both IRD and GC
- Sequence tables cans be modified after starting to analyze urgent samples
- Data snap shots can be taken before runs complete
- Computer chromatographic data can be filtered based on functional group
- Numerous vapor phase libraries
- Small footprint only H 19.3” x W 8.3” x D 26”
- GC-IRD-MSD allows for a single injection producing complementary data
- Low maintenance, long life consumables, no vacuum pump or moving parts
- Easy to use because the hardware is designed for the chromatographer
- Highest sensitivity MCT available
- Pseudo black body IR source
- Long life HeNe Laser
- Capillary flow cell with heaters
- Interferometer with beamsplitter by Spectral Systems
A truly unique feature of the IRD 3 is the ability to seamlessly interface with an Agilent GC-MS. GC-IRD-MS is powerful complementary combination of techniques for determining the exact identity of your sample. Unlike GC-MS alone, GC-IRD-MS can not only determine the identity from ion data, but can also determine structural information from the IR data. The unbeatable combination of complementary techniques can provide you the ultimate confirmatory information.
- Controlled by a single PC
- IRD software is designed to integrate with GC software
- Single sequence table to run both the IRD and the GC.
ASIC software is designed to seamlessly integrate with GC control software greatly increasing productivity. Construct methods, optimize instrument performance and start single and sequence runs with the click of a button. To increase efficiency and accuracy only one sequence table in needed and urgent samples can be added without stopping the sequence.
Essential FTIR Data Analysis Software
After a chromatographic data file has been obtained it is opened in Essential FTIR for data analysis. Essential FTIR is flexible software that allows the user to library search, print reports, view results in 3D and filter chromatograms based on functional groups.